INDIAN RUPEE NEWS
Get the Latest News about INR & indian economy.
- Flipkart records highest-ever single day sale, grosses $200mn October 5, 2016This is the biggest ever single day sale for Bangalore-based Flipkart, since the time the company started in 2007.
- Subramanian Swamy seeks ban on import of cement from Pakistan October 5, 2016"Allowing imports of cement from Pakistan, therefore, carried with it the additional risk in that it provides an effective cover for smuggling of contraband goods and harmful weapons and ammunition concealed in cement bags which comes in rakes and trucks, in the hands of disruptionist elements," he said.
- Moneycontrol Exclusive: Govt plans overhaul of tax administration for smooth GST rollout October 5, 2016The government has readied plans for a major change in Indiaâ€™s tax administration structure, including overhauling the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) to ensure a glitch-free roll-out of a nation-wide goods and services tax (GST).
- Sensex, Nifty wobbly; Hind Zinc, SBI, Force Motors most active October 5, 2016Asian Paints, SBI, Tata Motors, HUL and Maruti Suzuki are top gainers while ONGC, Axis Bank, MM, Bajaj Auto and Hero MotoCorp are major losers in the Sensex.
- Uber redBus partner with ixigo for train travellers October 5, 2016ixigo, Indiaâ€™s leading mobile travel marketplace has announced partnerships with Uber and redBus to enable instant bookings for cabs and buses natively within ixigo trains app.
- Workload in IT to come down due to AI; jobs to reduce: Genpact October 5, 2016But along with that the employment growth rates have started to dip, NV 'Tiger' Tyagarajan says. The percentage addition of employees in India will not be same as past. And due to advancements, a workforce with higher skill sets is required for the IT industry, he says.
- Pixel launch: Is Google Assistant's AI an assault on privacy? October 5, 2016Sure, artificial intelligence can make life simpler by suggesting you places to eat, tell you weather, or even crack a joke. The more you use it, the more it learns about your habits and preferences. The protocols pertaining to artificial intelligence, or the lack of it, make our data less secure and more vulnerable.
- Up over 200% in 1 year, what's buzzing with Borosil Glass? October 5, 2016Shares of Borosil Glass Works have increased threefold over the past one year as the company has posted strong revenue and EBIDTA growth over the past few quarters.
- Why you should not be always chasing returns October 5, 2016Most people focus on returns and chase products that offer the best returns at any point.
- Jhunjhunwala-partnered fund buys stake in TFCI: What's buzzing? October 5, 2016In an interview with CNBC-TV18, Satpal Arora, MD of Tourism Finance Corporation of India (TFCI), talked about the state of business and the outlook ahead.